Myanmar earthquake death toll nears 3,000
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Impacts
Los Angeles Times |
The death toll from the earthquake that hit Myanmar nearly a week ago rose Thursday to 3,145 as search and rescue teams found more bodies, the military-led government said, and humanitarian aid group...
Associated Press |
The death toll in last week’s massive earthquake in Myanmar has passed 2,000, state media said Monday, as accounts of some people’s last moments emerged: Two hundred Buddhist monks crushed by a colla...
The New York Times |
The attack on the Chinese convoy, which was widely condemned by rights activists, highlighted the dangers aid groups face from the country’s ongoing civil war.
Read more on News Digest
Hopes are fading for people trapped beneath rubble in Myanmar and Thailand with the passing of a crucial 72-hour rescue window after which survival rates fall sharply.
In our news wrap Wednesday, the death toll from the earthquake in Myanmar surpassed 3,000 as relief efforts are hampered by the country's civil war, Israel says it will establish a new security corridor across Gaza,
2d
TheHealthSite on MSN'Smell of Decaying Bodies Fills Air': Myanmar Earthquake Survivors Reveals Grim Situation As Death Toll Surpasses 2,000Bodies trapped under the rubble of destroyed buildings in Sagaing and Mandalay cities are decomposing in Myanmar’s stifling heat.
We're replacing BBC Sounds outside the UK and bringing you BBC.com, a seamless way to read, watch, and listen - all in one place.
Explore more